Last fall I was sent the most delicious gift in the mail: Pintxo Sauce
“Mediterranean Magic Roasted Red Pepper Sauce”.
Y’all, our jar of Pintxo Sauce (Pronounced “Peen-cho!”) did not last long in the house because I literally put it on everything: as a dipping sauce for chicken, as a topping for baked potato, as a complement to my breakfast burrito and even as a replacement for my salsa with tortilla chips.
As you can see, the smoky sauce added a smile to my taco salad. Hehe! I never knew you could enjoy one sauce with so many meals. The flavor reminded me of this wonderful enchilada sauce my husband and I enjoyed at a restaurant in Colorado many years ago on our honeymoon. I tried recreating it before, but now I don’t have to as Pintxo Sauce brings back into my life that yummy flavor. Needless to say, I’m going to need to order another bottle for myself soon. Creator/Owner Jay Valencia suggests these additional foods to try with your Pintxo Sauce:
- Marinades / Add a little oil
- Hummus / Add directly to cooked and blended garbanzos
- Spreads / Cream Cheese (Bagels and Lox), Sour Cream-CremeFraiche (Chip Dips, Fish), Goat Cheese
- Sandwiches / Add to mayo or veganaise
- Tossed Green Salads / thin sauce with lemon, orange, pineapple, mango, blueberry or lilikoi juice. Toss greens and plate.
- Roasting and Grilling / Beef (Burgers), Tenderloin, Skirt Steak, Pork (LauLau), Chicken under and over skin.
- Improved spicing : Add curry spices, jerk spices or cajun/creole spiced heat.
While several stores in California carry this magical little sauce, fortunately for me here in Hawaii, it can also be ordered online: Pintxo Sauce.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Livin’ la vida aloha,